So currently I decided to sit and watch a documentary about the facts of marijuana, so I decided to share those with you.
1. Marijuana has absolutely no known cases of death from just marijuana on its own.
2. In order to die from cannabis, you have to smoke 20,000 joints in 20 minutes, that’s 1,000 joints a minute, and 1 joint a second, which is physically impossible. You wouldn’t even technically die rom the marijuana, but you would suffocate and develop carbon monoxide poisoning.
3. Marijuana does NOT kill your brain cells, it actually stimulates brain cells enabling you to become smarter rather than dumber contrary to popular belief. This belief was established when researchers tested the effects of marijuana on monkeys. After a span of 3 months, researchers concluded that marijuana lead to death by killing your brain cells and causing your brain to shut down. Well since then, we have concluded that the research was unsustainable because the monkeys were not inhaling the marijuana like we do, like say with a joint, over a span of a year, but through gas masks for 5 minutes everyday for a span of 3 months causing the monkeys to slowly suffocate which caused the loss of brain cells.
4. Marijuana was farmed back in the 19th and early 20th century for textiles, medications, and 250,000 other products round the country under the name hemp.
5. Marijuana was made illegal because of the stereotype that African-Americans smoked cannabis and listened to “devil” music. It was deemed bad and made illegal in 1937 under the Marijuana Tax Act.
6. The estimated amount of people who smoked marijuana in the united states in the early 20th century was 60,000 people. Today, that number jumped to 38 million users nation wide admitting to marijuana usage.
7. Legalizing marijuana would generate tons of profit nation wide, but government would lose revenue in the pharmaceutical companies.
8. Marijuana has less death rates than Tobacco, which is the number one killer in the country, and alcohol, which follows close behind.
9. Marijuana is the most useful plant in the world.
10. Marijuana has no physically addctive chemicals, but it can have mental addictions.
P.S. I hope this helped you with all your questions! The documentary I watched was inspiring and full of knowledge. Its found on Netflix and is called: The Union: Business Behind Getting High.